The guest house of Pont Losquet, in Minihy Tréguier, is ideally located between Paimpol and Perros Guirec, near Plougrescant and Tregastel, so you may discover at a glance the Pink Granite Coast.
“I discovered this land in 1987, and I love it. I am not claiming to be exhaustive but I have tried below to share with you what I think is worthy of interest. Upon your arrival, over coffee or cider, I will answer all of your questions with a great pleasure.” Pierre Voisin.
From Tréguier to the « Sillon du Talbert »
The little traditional town of Tréguier, with its cathedral, its cloister, the museum « Ernest Renan », its square ornated with half-timbered houses, its old streets full of architectural wonders, its marina in deep waters, the estuary of Jaudy spreading on 10 kms, and one will never tire of its beauty, its organic market on Wednesday mornings.
- Cathedral, cloister, art galleries in rue Colvestre
- Rue Saint Yves, discover small shops and restaurants
- In the former building of the bishop, Tréguier contains a beautiful performance hall (théâtre de l’Arche) with ongoing entertainment and cinema club.
- Marina in deep water
- The Guindy river with charming old houses and mills (follow the road signs to Aqueduc du Guindy near the firemen’s station)
- Organic market on Wednesday morning
- Concerning hikers , the path GR 34 allows you to admire the entire estuary du Jaudy from Tréguier to Plougrescant.
- Going East, discover the « Sillon de Talbert » a geological phenomenon that moves annually.
- See in Minihy-Tréguier (birth place of St Yves) a beautiful church
- Visit the Kestellic gardens
- Discover La Roche Jaune harbour (oysters tasting)
- Visit Plougrescant, discover the St Gonnery Chapel and its curious leaning bell tower, follow signs towards “Le Gouffre”, and you will see this famous little house built between two rocks.
Penvenan and Port Blanc :
- Nice beach in Port Blanc
- Half buried church (Notre Dame de Port Blanc)
- On your way back, stop in Camlez and visit its curious “Couvent Alternatif”, a funny place, with shops, bistro, restaurants.
Paimpol and Brehat island
- Visit Paimpol , old streets, harbour and its lock situated in center town.
- From Paimpol, you may have a boat to visit Brehat Island (follow Arcouest signs)
Perros Guirec and the Seven Islands
- Visit Perros Guirec and its harbour (center town), then follow the cliff road (beautiful villas) to Trestignel and Trestraou beaches.
- On Trestraou beach, just embark and do visit the Seven Islands.
The GR 34 and Ploumanac’h
- From Perros Guirec, follow the sea road to Tregastel. Stop for parking down by the semaphore and then walk along the GR 34 footpath leading to Ploumanac’h.
- In Ploumanac’h visit the harbour, and ask for St Guirec’s statue on a beach. The nose of this statue is pierced by young women wanting to get married. The nose is reducing, year by year !
- On your way back, visit La Roche Jagu castle and the “Coper Marine” in Tredarzec.
- Visit Lannion. The heart of the city (place of the Town hall) is a visual enchantment
- The city of Lannion contains a beautiful performance hall (Le Carré Magique), a cinema with four rooms and a place with ongoing cultural entertainment: Le Pixie
- Open market on Thursday mornings.
- Still in Lannion, the site of Brélévenez with its famous 140 steps, will allow you to visit the church of Brélévenez on the top of a hill. You will also discover the beautiful houses clinging to the hillsides. Access by car is also possible.
- Horse riding in Minihy-Tréguier (La Ferme du Syet)
- Sailing school in Louannec (down by the camping site) and in Penvénan (Port Blanc)
- Bikes, Canoes may be hired on the spot, in Tréguier harbour. Beware of tides and streams.
- An old steam train from Pontrieux to Paimpol (and return), allows you to discover the beautiful estuary du Trieux, but also to visit Paimpol and Pontrieux (May to September).
- Powered boats are available for visiting the estuary du Jaudy (Tréguier) and du Trieux (Lézardrieux).
- Visit the light house de La Croix (at the mouse of Trieux), embarkation in Loguivy.
- Cultural entertainment at the Roche Jagu Castle
- Sports and cultural activities organised by « Cap Armor”
- Kayaking and canoeing on the Jaudy supervised by the Roche Derrien club
- Visit the archipelago of Brehat aboard traditional or modern sail boats.
- Visit the Telecoms museum , Radôme, Planétarium, Gallic village in Pleumeur Bodou.
I wish you a nice holiday and stay, here in Pont Losquet !